Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

2.08.2008

SVH: Recap Volume 9 (Racing to the Projects)


This one was hard to get through. I don't know how I did it the first time, and actually liked it. I liked it then because it had Lila in it, and she was an old fave. Mostly because she had daddy issues (of course then nominating her for classic lesbian stereotype #2, no other man is good enough for me besides my daddy!) but now twenty years later it's total crap. The basic plot is that Roger Barrett has this mega unexplainable crush on Lila, but she'll never go for him because he shops at Walmart and works as a janitor. Apparently he has to support his family. Well, let me tell you kid, you could find jobs much more flexible and making more money a whole lot easier. But then nobody accused good ol'Rog of being the brightest crayon in this cracked up SVH box.
Well, getting past this boohoo, we sail into the big Jessica subplot. It seems that she starts off trying to be a big bad business gal and work in her daddy's office. She says she wants to be a lawyer for HRC someday, but nobody believes her. She thinks the world of law is all glamourous because all the lawyers in the valley look like ken dolls. Oh, and the two women lawyers look like they have fun too. Because it's all about the fun for jess.
So there's this big annual race, and the whole town goes big for it (in my hometown nobody went to track events, but what ev'). They've got a hardon because the winner of the big meet will get a scholarship to Sweet Valley College. Um, so there's a Sweet Valley College AND a Sweet Valley University? Just asking.
This book is so lame, the whole freaking thing is gay. Jessica goes for a younger guy who works across the hall at an ad agency who's only 15 (because we all know repressed lesbians love that young boy look).
Lila wants a piece of Roger when he wins the race in his STREET CLOTHES, but he has none of it, because although before Lila almost needed a restraining order on him he was stalking her so bad, now when she's all over him he goes for the hippie douche buddy of his, Olivia.
I hated this one so bad, I won't devote any more time to it. Seriously, read this book and you will weep over time lost.

No comments: