Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

1.20.2008

Being a Golden Girl


My favorite television show as a child was the Golden Girls. I stayed up late to watch it, I followed it to Lifetime, and yesterday I purchased another season that was on sale for an amazing freaking $14.99.
I would sit two feet from the set on the floor, leaning back on my hands, to catch every single one of their jokes. Sure, I liked all those other crappy shows, but GOLDEN GIRLS ruled.
So last night while I was sewing new throw pillows I did a marathon and nothing can cheer a gal up like elderly sexy jokes, no kidding. The lesbian episode in the second season is tops, the one where Dorothy (of course it would be Dorothy) has an old friend from college who's a big ol' lesbo who's partner has died. Rose and the lesbian hook up, without rose realizing it, and every time I watch this one I think, 'I bet Dorothy wishes she'd hung around with this one a little more instead of marrying that loser'.
Another theme I love is when they interact with 'Young People'. Like when Blanche's grandson comes to visit and he's a punkass loser, or when Dorothy teaches a young giant douchebag Mario López how not to be a tool, but he's deported anyway.
And how about them early celeb appearances? Mario López, George Clooney, Arsenio Hall...
Rewatching the pilot, there was this character Coco at total stereotype of a gay man who was the ladies' cook, but they kicked him off the show after the pilot. Many of Sophia's famous zingers and one liners were originally written for Coco. I liked coco, but I think they were afraid to have a gay man on the TV, because in the pilot each time he spoke, the camera would actually move to another character. Also, he was constantly drifting off the set.
The Golden is getting me through.

No comments: