Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

1.06.2008

Poop in Tub Envy



I wish I had this problem. It appears the little Etheridge twins have been pooping during bathtime. As gross as it is, I am having poop-in-tub envy.
'They like to poop in the tub, which is slowly getting to put a damper on bath time. Three times in the last five days. Inevitably, they get in the tub, and are splish-splashing.... when suddenly we will hear a little grunt, a whimper, and then a little face will pop over the tub.

If it's Miller -- his face will be full of jest and screeching joy...If it's Johnnie Rose, she seems to understand pooping in the tub isn't the long-run goal, and she gets sad.

Either way, though, we figured out the first time, that regardless of anyone's feelings about the floating poop -- get them BOTH out immediately. Because if you just lift out the pooper, the other twin is left with a very interesting, floating new "toy" -- which they will reach for and try to "smoosh" immediately.

So bath time has a new ritual: when someone poops, I grab the pooper, and praise them and dangle them over a sink (it's important to praise the pooping, as I don't want the poopers to get pooping anxiety).... and Honey [Melissa] catches the poop.

She's such a great poop catcher -- she doesn't even flinch. In fact, she said she takes the chance to get a good look at the poop -- "It's important for a mother to have a good understanding of her child's poop. Poop is related directly to health." Yeah. Well. She can be the poop/rock star mom. I'll be the vacuuming/laundry mom.

And they've been walking for months now. MONTHS. They're only 14 months old. People see them run around the mall, and freak out, thinking they are little robots or dolls. Yeah, I tell 'em. They're those new "I Poop Like A Real Baby" dolls.'

image courtesy of celebrity-babies.com
text courtesy of celebrity-babies.com

No comments: