Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

1.21.2008

Mall Madness


Okay, so last Saturday I was so depressed after turning up not pregnant AGAIN, I went to run a few errands. My partner wanted a new pair of jeans, and for myself? I was on the hunt to purchase a new TV show. Every time I'm really down I buy a season of a favorite TV Show. As you may have read in a prior post, I ended up getting the Golden Girls.
Originally I was looking to get a season of Bernie Mac or Everybody Hates Chris, because I love these shows. I actually stepped foot in a mall to look for them. They were way overpriced, and I went with that $14.99 Golden Girls. So I am in a mall early in the morning with all the Walkers, pimply teenage boys, and the Elderly, who on a snowy day have nothing better to do, it was depressing.
It reminded me of a game I got when I turned eleven, during my big Babysitters Club craze. I never really got into the whole mall thing, but the game seemed fun at the time. Now I realize how much time was wasted in a black hole of mindless teenage girl black hole shopping frenzy. "Sale at the Shoe Store!" The game would yell.
What a load of consumerist crap!
Nothing like going to the mall to pick up your latest copy of SVH and BSC just to return home and play a game about being at the FREAKING MALL!!! It just makes me want to have a frozen coke and soft pretzel...

No comments: