Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

1.13.2008

Life as a Sweet Valley High Writer


Have you ever seen the episode of South Park, when the boys discover who the real writers of Family Guy are? We are closet South Park fans, and this particular number had us laughing our assets off! The whole show has this long and convoluted plotline, but the basic point is that the writers for Family Guy are MANATEES. That's right, they are not human. The mammals live in a large tank swimming to one side to pick up "idea balls" and put them into a hole on the other side. Each ball has the name of a person, a verb, or a pop-culture reference written on them. When the balls travel down a shaft, a group of five of them forms a Family Guy joke.

I dislike Family Guy very much, thank-you, but I think the South Park guys stole the MANATEE idea from Sweet Valley High!!! Only, it's not manatees writing SVH, it's a lazy sexed up house cat. The writers go to a back alley somewhere and meet an overweight lazy cat.

Just kidding, I don't think it's as professional as all that. I am just finishing volume two, and to be honest, I have absolutely no clear idea how I ever read these books to begin with. They are shit. If you cut out the same descriptive bull that is in each of them (Blonde, blue-eyed bullshit)there's only about twelve pages left, no kidding. The same tired ass descriptions of loser Enid in each book, I guess they figured we learned by repetition. Besides, it's easier to get a cat to cough up twelve pages...


image courtesy of simonsays.com

No comments: