Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

12.16.2007

Lesbians in Riverdale! OMG!!!


I spent several dollars a month as a youth purchasing a comic book about two repressed lesbians fighting over a ginger kid who was a total tool. Like, fresh from the shed kind of tool. They are typical high school kids screwing around aimless. One of the two girls is spoiled and rich, but beautiful with black hair and a fashionable wardrobe. The other gal is down-to-earth, a wholesome middle American with blonde hair who dresses like the mom next door.
You guessed it, I loved me some Archies. Mostly I collected the Betty & Veronica series, which centered around the trials and tribulations of the repressed lovebirds. They never really fought with each other, and any debacles incurred over Archie were for comedic relief from the Betty and Veronica's sexual tension.
Again with the dolls, when I was eleven I ordered a set of Archie Dolls from the back of a comic. I had to trudge out in a blizzard to get the money order, and when they arrived, they were a lovely rubber (not plastic! No fabric!) A solid rubber set of dolls made of the same stuff as stretch armstrong.
With power of the Archies, the Asexual Jughead was left in the box, Reggie and Archie developed an oddly close relationship sitting in front of the television set, but Betty and Veronica? They never bickered anymore, unless it was Betty fake protesting the obnoxiously large gifts Veronica bestowed upon her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm str8, but V was hot. Jughead was on PCP.

Anonymous said...

:o