Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

12.24.2007

Little House: A Christmas I Wish They'd Forgotten


About a week ago, I made my partner cozy up in our Little House bed for our annual Christmas Torture. Ever since I was a child, I have watched Little House on the Prairie: A Christmas They Never Forgot. You may ask why I would want to put us through such agony during the holidays, but I was raised Catholic, and misery IS fun. Crap, I hope I don't get any flack for that. But it's true! My sister and I spent years mocking this program, I don't want to quit now! I miss watching the gang get together YET again, all looking miserable only showing up for the money, except Charles and Laura who gain pleasure purely from the opportunity to warm in the spotlight.
Here's the deal why this episode is so particularly heinous. All the characters you can barely tolerate get to recap their favorite holiday moments resulting in a ton of cheesy recreations that suck A*S!!! They are ABSURD, entirely inaccurate from the original program, totally off character, inanely stupid. A horrible attempt to keep the show going but still I eat it up.
I can't even vote for the worst flashback because they are all sooo bad. Caroline's dad dies and while the bed's still warm her mom's got his best friend in it, we are supposed to get sentimental over a watch fob the new 'daddy' gives Caroline for xmas he'd gotten from her real dad many years ago.
Don't forget the completely inaccurate slavery recreation or the fact that Mary wanted off so bad she clocked in at a whopping eight minutes of screentime. Poor Carrie looks like a regular kid they pulled off the street who has never acted in her life.
All in all, this is one of the best holiday specials to check out because it captures the unrealistic expectations, as well as the disappointment the season always provides.

No comments: