Your Guaranteed Invitation to the Lint Ball

All my ideas are balled up in my sweaty palm dangled before the cart. I keep on moving, pretending they'll be used in a future art project or story, until found wasting away in the corner like dust bunnies with carrot breath, consumed but ultimately useless.
Attempting to concieve a child through science with my partner, both working 40 hrs+ a week, bombarded by holidays. Pardon the construction as I turn up the heat, the lint tray should pluck out some good sh*t that's been pillaging my brain.

12.09.2007

Ug-Oh Theory


This will be my most controversial post. This theory has caused me much trouble in my home. If you share my perspective, please join me. I feel that in every couple, yes even Brad and Angie, there is an Ug and an Oh.

The 'Ug' will make you go ugggh! They will be the less attractive physically, emotionally, or mentally. They may be dull, stupid, or bland. This is measured in degrees, I must remind you, but even the smallest percent can make a difference.

The 'Oh' is the one you are drawn to. Your reaction upon meeting the couple is oh! What a pleasant surprise! This person may be easier on the eye, more mentally stimulating, or just plain less boring.

While I must admit my theory is subjective, there are some Ug-Oh's that jump right out at you. You know who I am talking about. You're introduced to your friend's wife, and all you can say is Ugggh! My partner does not endorse nor does s/he support this theory in any way. But I felt compelled to publish it in hopes of others who feel the same.

I'm not biased either, for subjectively, I must admit my Partner in the looks department is definitely the Oh. Make that emotionally as well. I may have a stronghold in the wit department, but the verdict's still out.

No comments: